Dow up 0.37%. Nasdaq up 0.17%
The US major indices are opening with gains. The more limited Dow industrial average leads the move higher. The NASDAQ index lags.
The snapshot of the major indices currently shows:
- The S&P index is up +9 points or 0.32% at 2859.92
- The NASDAQ index is up +13.5 points or 0.17% at 7835.37
- The Dow industrial average is up +95 points or 0.37% at 25748
In the US debt market yields are moving higher today after what was better data (claim, Philly Fed index, housing starts/permits all were better than expectations).
- 2 year 2.20%, +3.9 basis points
- 5 year 2.186%, +3.8 basis points
- 10 year 2.401%, +2.8 basis points
- 30 year 2.834%, +1.5 basis points
Spot gold is trading down $3.75 or -0.28% $1292.85WTI crude oil futures are trading up $.71 or 1.16% at $62.73Bitcoin on Coinbase is trading down -$312 at $7861.90. after trading to the highest level since July 2018 earlier today (high reached $8388)