Higher earnings (and all the other stuff) has the stocks worried at the start.
Higher average earnings may start to raise company costs.Trade tensions (is the China shoe going to drop? Japan? Nafta?)Tesla/Musk? Yikes.Yields higher.
It has the stocks worried again.
- The Dow is down -104 points or -0.40%
- The S&P is down -12.5 points or -0.43%
- The NASDAQ is down -37 points or -0.45%
Consistent losses so far today across the major indices.
US yields are higher:
- 2-year. 2.6903%, up 5.7 bps
- 5 year 2.807%, up 6.6 bps
- 10 year 2.933%, up 6.0 bps
- 30 year 3.098%, up 4.6 bps
The GBP remains the strongest. The AUD is the weakest. The USD is picking up ground with gains vs. all the majors with the exception of the GBP.