…but off low levels too
The major stock indices are ending the session mixed.
While the Nasdaq is closing down on the day, the S&P and Dow is ending the session higher – albeit marginally.
- The S&P index closed up 0.96 points or 0.03% at 2888.86. The high reached 2894.65. The low extended to 2879.20
- The Nasdaq index closed down -18.24 points or -0.23% at 7954.23. The high reached 7965.39. The low reached 7884.04
- The Dow is closing up 27.12 points or 0.10% at 25998. The high reached 26145. The low extended to 25929.
The chip stocks were pressured again today:
- Micron fell -4.27%
- Nvidia fell -1.69%
- Broadcom fell -1.14%
- Intel, closed unchanged after being down most of the trading day
Banks/Financials were also mostly pressured although Citigroup did close higher after an upbeat earnings report from the bank:
- Wells Fargo fell -2.53%
- Bank of America fell -1.36%
- JP Morgan fell -1.21%
- Goldman is down for the 11th straight day att -0.93%
- Morgan Stanley fell -0.79%
- Charles Schwab fell -0.53%
- Deutsche Bank fell -0.09%
- Citigroup bucked the trend and closed up 1.57%