The USD is mixed
As the North American session begins the GBP is the strongest, while the CADis the weakest. The USD is trading mixed with little gains/losses (the largest change is vs the GBP at -0.34%).
- Spot gold, is down $.83 or -0.7% at $1214.19. Little changed.
- WTI crude oil futures down $.08 or -0.14% at $51.41. Little changed.
- Bitcoin on Coinbase has rebounded and is up $247 at $4015.86. The low reach $3741.67. The high extended to $4072.95. The low on Sunday reached $3456. That was the lowest level since September 2017
US stocks or higher on hopes for a deal with China. The markets are also hopeful that Fed Powell might signal a more dovish view when he speaks today.
- Dow futures imply a 154 point rise
- NASDAQ futures imply a gain of 43 points
- S&P futures imply a gain of 15.7 points
European shares are trading higher:
- German DAX, 0.11%
- France’s CAC, 0.32%
- UK’s FTSE, unchanged
- Spain’s Ibex, 0.46%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB, 0.14%
In the US debt market, yields are little changed in early NY trading.