The USD is mixed
As the North American traders enter for the day, the AUD is the strongest. The CHF is the weakest as NA traders enter for the day.
The USDCHF surged higher after pushing above it 100 and 200 hour MAs at 0.9702 area and is trading near the key 200 day MA at 0.97425. Intervention by the SNB was a potential catalyst.
The ranges and changes are mixed. The USDCHF has the largest range at 73 pips and is up near the highs for the day. The AUDUSD, NZDUSD and USDJPY have very narrow trading ranges with 30 or less. The EURUSD had a down and up range and trades near the highs. The GBPUSD is higher with hopes for a Brexit deal.
- Spot gold is down -$3.68 or -0.31% at $1192.57
- WTI crude oil is up $0.27 or +0.40% at $68.03
- Bitcoin on Coinbase is down -$94 at $6293. The 100 day MA remains above at $6834. Last week, the price cracked below that MA and raced lower.
US stock futures are implying a higher opening:
- Dow is up 114
- Nasdaq up 42 points
- S&P is up 13 points
US yields are trading near unchanged:
- 2 year 2.702%, unchanged
- 5 year 2.817%, down -0.3 bps
- 10 year 2.935%, down -0.3 bps
- 30 year 3.095%, -0.6 bps
European shares are :
- German Dax up 0.5%
- France’s CAC up 0.68%
- UK FTSE up 0.28%
- Spain’s Ibex up 1.2%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB up 2.3%