Major indices close higher
As the European/London traders look to exit, the major indices have ended with gains in trading today:
- German Dax rose 0.5%
- France’s CAC rose 0.6%
- UK FTSE rose 0.4%
- Spain’s Ibex rose 0.5%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB rose 0.25%
- Portugal’s PSI20 roes 0.22%
The benchmark 10 year yields are higher on the day and closing nearer the day’s highs.
In other markets as European traders look to exit shows:
US stocks are mixed:
- The S&P is up 0.21%,
- The Nasdaq is down -0.12%
- The Dow is the big winner up 0.75% as financials help that index
In the US debt market, new 4 month highs again as yields continue their move to the upside:
In the forex market, the AUD remains the strongest. The CHF remains the weakest. They were the big movers at the start of the NY session. The AUD has extended its gains in the NY morning session. The CHF has more or less remained steady. The USD has weakened in the NY morning session with the pair now down vs. all the majors with the exception of the CHF. The falls against the “risk pairs” (CAD, AUD and NZD) are the big movers.
- Bitcoin is up $13 at $6330 on Coinbase. The low reached $6258. The high reached $6358.
- Spot gold is up $5.60 at $1203.98. The high reached $1206.62. The low reached $1195.50
- WTI crude oil is up $0.71 or 1.0% at $70.56. The price moved up to $71.04 as inventory data showed a draw down of -2057K. The private data showed an inventory add yesterday toward the close.