Indices have >1% gains today
The major European stock indices are ending the session with solid (>1%) gains. Provisional closes are showing:
- German Dax, +1.9%
- France’s CAC, +1.71%
- UK’s FTSE, +1.66%
- Spain’s Ibex, +1.18%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB, +1.0%
- Portugal PSI 20 bucked the trend and is ending the session down -0.28%.
In the benchmark 10 year note sector, the yields in the major countries are mixed.
In other markets as London/European traders look to exit:
- spot gold, $-1 or -0.09% at $1243.35
- WTI crude oil futures up $1 or +1.9% at $51.96
In the US stocks are trading higher but off the peaks.
- S&P index up 11.13 points or 0.42% at 2648.89. The high reach 2674.35. The low is at 2646.17
- The NASDAQ is up 48.84 points or 0.71% at 7070. The high reached 7129. The low extended to 7061
- The Dow is up 49 points or 0.20% at 24473. The high reached 24791. The low extended to 24439
IN the US debt market, the yield curve has flattened a bit with the 2 year up 1 BP, and the 10 and 30 year down a bit.
The snapshot of the forex market is showing a shift in the strongest and weakest. The AUD is now the strongest currency (was NZD earlier). Weakest is now the GBP (was the EUR earlier). The USD has gotten stronger in the morning session.