Yields mostly lower
The major European indices are closing with declines for the day.
A snapshot of the provisional closes are showing:
- German DAX, -0.1%
- France’s CAC, -0.7%
- UK’s FTSE, -0.9%
- Spain’s Ibex, -1.6%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB, -0.26%
- Portugal’s PSI 20, -0.59%
In the benchmark 10 year note sector yields are mostly lower:
IN other markets as London/European traders look to exit:
- spot gold is up $2.17 or 0.17% at $1248
- WTI crude oil futures are getting smashed. It currently trades down $2.68 or -5.37% at $47.20. The low dipped below the $47 level to $46.97, but is seeing a modest bounce.
- Bitcoin on Coinbase is up $33 at $3526.51. It remains above its 200 hour MA at $3325.73.
In the US stock market, major indices are higher:
- S&P index up 14.55 points or 0.57% at 2560.50
- NASDAQ index of 51 points or 0.76% at 6804
- Dow industrial average of 239 points or 1.01% at 23831
In the US debt market, yields are trading back toward the days lows.
The NZD remains the runway strongest currency for the day. The CAD has taken over as the weakest currency on crude oils decline and weaker than expected manufacturing sales.