EURUSD, GBPUSD and USDJPY make new extremes.
The dollar has moved lower after the FOMC decision
- The EURUSD moved to a new session high and tests the April 22 and 23 highs at 1.1262.
- The GBPUSD is also trading to new highs and edges closer to a topside trend line at 1.3107
- The USDJPY moved close to the 50% retracement target at 111.04. A move below the 111.000-04 would be more bearish.
US stocks are higher since the report:
- S&P is up 6.23 points or 0.22%. It was up 1.25 points before the release.
- Nasdaq is up 44 points or 0.54%. It was up 27 points before the release
- Dow is up 64 points or 0.25%. It was up 20 points before the release.
IN the US debt market, yields are lower
- 2 year 2.217%, -4.8 bps vs 2.256% prior
- 10 year 2.469%, -3.2 bps vs 2.483% prior
- 30 year 2.897%, -3.2 bps vs 2.90% prior
We will see what the impact will now be after the press conference which gets underway at 2:30 PM ET.