Indices move higher with German Dax up 1.7%
The major European indices are ending the day higher. It is a good day for investors.
The provisional closes are showing:
- German DAX, +1.7%
- France’s CAC, +1.3%
- Britain’s FTSE, +0.8%
- Spain’s Ibex, +0.6%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB, +1.3%
The benchmark 10 year yields are trading mostly lower, with the riskier countries ( Spain, Italy, Portugal) moving the most.
In other markets as London/European traders look to exit:
- spot gold, $-11.80 or -0.91% at $1285
- WTI crude oil futures are up $1.28 or 2.06% $63.30
US stocks continue their surge higher and are trading near highs for the day
- S&P index +37.5 points or 1.32% at 2888.57
- NASDAQ index +112 points or 1.43% at 7934
- Dow Jones up 279 points or 1.08% at 25926
US yields are higher today with a flatter yield curve:
A snaphot of the currency market is showing the USD is the strongest of the major currencies followed by the CAD. The GBP is the weakest.